Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Weekly Observations 1/31/07

1. The Jacket could have fixed Barbaro in 10 minutes.

2. In Spain, the government has mandated that all display mannequins in stores be at least a size 6, in order to help reduce peer pressure on young girls to be ultra skinny. They will also research 8,500 women to find the typical body type. Man, I bet Wilt Chamberlain is thinking he died too early. He could have got that done in a month.

3. Barry Bonds gave the SF Giants the option to void his new $15.8 m contract if he is indicted during the season. Bud (notsoWiser) Selig was immediately on the phone to the Justice Department.

4. The football Giants hired Chris Palmer as QB coach, in the hopes that he could help Eli Manning develop. Yep, that's a good pick, look at how well he did with Tim Couch and David Carr.

5. Kobe Bryant was suspended for one game after hitting Manu Ginobili in the face with an elbow in a game on Sunday. When asked to comment, Kobe said, hey, it could have been worse, I could have jizzbombed him.

6. More on Kobe. He was upset that the suspension caused him to miss the game against the Knicks, and that the league did not give him an appeal. He felt, as did coach Phil Jackson that he was not treated fairly. Tell me Kobe, how does it feel to be bent over and reamed?

7. Tank Johnson was allowed by a judge in Chicago to travel to Miami for the Super Bowl. One condition of the allowance was that Tank leave all his guns at home. Tank figures he can get one easy enough while he is there.

8. Mike Mussina said the Carl Pavano can get back on his teammates good side by being there and throwing every fifth day. What he did not mention is that Pavano needs to do it with another team, so the Yanks can whoop up on his lame ass.

9. Barbaro, still dead.

10. Donald Trump, that paragon of virtue, appeared on WWE Monday Night Raw this week. Nothing like good old fashioned values like homophobia and racism to make Donald feel at home.

11. More Donald. Tara Conner and Trump were negotiating with Playboy for Tara to do a spread for $1 million. She passed in the end, feeling it wasn't right. Now I get why Miss Nevada was booted for posing for racy photos with other girls, Donald wasn't able to sell them!

12. The Islanders faced the Red Wings last night, and goalie Dominek Hasek, who 10 years ago asked that Ted Nolan not be retained as Sabres coach. Rumor has it that Ted was "friendly" with Hasek's wife. Wonder if any Isles pulled a Reggie Dunlap last night.

13. Wait, you mean the Super Bowl is this week? And there are two black coaches? I never knew.

14. Hillary Clinton was asked over the weekend while in Iowa what in her past will help her deal with Bad Evil Men if she were to become President. Obviously, the questioner has been living in a cave for the last 20 years.

15. Bill Parcells is rumored to be joining the Jets as a consultant. However the sticking point is that he does not want to participate in mini camp or two a days.

16. American Idol has approached Courtney Love about appearing as a guest judge. They feel that by having her around, it will make Paula Abdul look less drug addled.

17. The "Fuck 'Da Eagles" girl is in Maxim this month. Pics are already on line. Alas, due to the amount of airbrushing required, Maxim will not be able to publish for 3 months while they await a new supply of retouch.

18. Speaking of bimbos, Lindsay Lohan has a new fellow rehab patient at her facility, Mike Tyson. A match made in heaven.

19. I'm waiting for Wally Matthews to write a story about how the Mets are mistreating Omar Minaya by not renegotiating his contract.

20. Victor Zambrano has signed a minor league contract with the Blue Jays. He is quoted as saying he wanted to pitch alongside John Thomson so he would seem good in comparison. Plus, they threw in a "Bobble-Arm" night to sweeten the pot.

21. Time for the SAT portion of the observations. Victor Zambrano is to Carlos Zambrano as Brett Lindros is to Eric Lindros.

22. Stan "The Maven" Fischler a few weeks ago said the Islanders were a good team and would make the playoffs. Then he said they were done. Now he says they will make it again. Stan is flip flopping like John Kerry.

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Shea is technologically challenged!

-- Sweetlew

Anonymous said...

Yea baby!

new address for Ed!

Funny post as always my friend!

I got BSG season 2 today! Boo-yah!

Anonymous said...

Let me know when Barbaro is no longer among the dead. Thanks. Just testing for shea's problem. Lew may be right.;-)

Ed in Westchester said...

dep - enjoy my friend. Lots of cool twists and turns.

Anonymous said...

You are to witty observations as the Metsgeek crew is to successful.

Anonymous said...

Okay guys...thanks for coming to the aid of a damsel in distress. I too, will comment as anon.

Sheadenizen
(or Dep, Danny or 86...or sweetlew or bryanb!)

Mike said...

Why the URL change, Ed?

Anyway, nice one on Wilt & the Spanish ladies.

Ed in Westchester said...

wow, even ramon stopped by.

Thanks all.

Ed in Westchester said...

Mike - the old address was too long to retype for certain things (like on my blackberry).
Plus, with the focus not just Mets and Isles, the "metsislesorangeandblue" just didn't fit as much.

Rickey said...

Meet the new blog. Same as the old blog. We won't get fooled againnnnnn!!!!

Anonymous said...

I cannot beleive the egos you guys have. Iknow you guys are all Mets fans, but do you realize that there is a world outside of NYC, and the world does not revolve around you. Everytime something does not go your way, it's not bias, it's not the refs fault. And you are always right in hindsight. I can't wait to get Zito, Zito will rule the NL east. He is god....oh we didn't get him. I didn't think it was a good idea anyway. Yeah he stinks. You also blame everyteam for over paying for players. You are guilty in that crazy amount you paid for C. Beltran and Pedro. Yoou all can kiss my brown ass. I read what you say about me and it just shows how lame you all are. I smell you al the way over here.

Mike said...

I cannot beleive the egos you guys have. Iknow you guys are all Mets fans.

Uhhh, isn't Ramon a Met fan?

TheJackSack said...

Hey Ed, great blog.

I live in Westchester too, why am I so happy to see other people who have blogs in my area? I do not know, but it makes me excited.

Anyway, I'm pals with Riding With Rickey and I don't know if you got a chance to check out my blog yet- it's a "24" humor site:

http://thejacksack.blogspot.com

Come on by and check it out. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Um, is this actually Ramon? What happened to your sense of humor man?

TLC said...

Ramon is afraid of the clap!!!

Anonymous said...

hey ramon, chill out!

Anonymous said...

You are guilty in that crazy amount you paid for C. Beltran and Pedro.

I am going to go ahead and guess that this is not the Ramon we know and love, because of that sentence.

And Ramon's love for grammar and punctuation as well...

Good effort though.

Ed in Westchester said...

seems like "ramon" has lost his marbles.

As for ego's, and knowing a world exists outside of NY, sure I know that. The rest of the world exists solely because we allow it to. The other teams are there to groom players for the Mets to trade for or sign away. They serve no other purpose. Of course there is a bias against NY, it is the greatest thing in the world, and everyone hates us.

Personally, I don't think this is the ramon we all know from metsgeek. Spelling mistakes, some vitriol. Ramon usually is a little funny.

Nice try though.

Anonymous said...

Ah ha I am Evil Ramon...mow the thrilledge with a brong then beep bop yourself at 420 with your emoticons and LOL's and LMFAO's. Get baked and watch some indie movie while you drool over some 12th grader in nebraska whose slider is hitting the low 90's. Then pencil him in your 2012 lineup as a possible 4th starter if Glavine decides not to go another year and Pedro's kid is still on the DL. Then fake a back injury to get more Vicodins so you can get stoned and watch the replay of game 7 for the 1500th time and get a little wood when Ray Knight rounds third. Giggity giggity. Shalom. BBL. Going out with non-existent girlfriend. Spanking it to ND, the Nets, the Isles and the Jets.

Do you people have any 3 dimensional friends?

Mookie McFly said...

Barbaro isn't de...oh wait, no he's still dead. Okay now it seems like I'm beating a joke to death the same way one might beat a dead horse to death. Huh?

I'm pretty sure Tank Johnson will appear in the next version of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City II

Kobe's all about the donkey punch!

What does Mussina know about getting on his team's good side???

Yes, two black coaches...and also one is fat & one is skinny. This leaves me with the age old rhyme: Fat & Skinny had a race all around the pillow case. Fat fell down and broke his crown and that's why skinny won the race!

Colts 35 Bears 12

TLC said...

Aaron Heilman can't lace up my cleats. Also, Ramon is a friend of Victor Zambrano

Mookie McFly said...

Yo, Your friend from Metsblog. You don't have to be single to be a nerd. I married one and I happen to love the fact that we are one dimensional. It comes in very handy when I lock my keys in the car.

In my opinion anonymous people who give themselves questionable names to hide their latent homosexuality should have to shampoo my crotch. But that's just my opinion. The dude abides...I'm going to stop there because Outside Providence is starting and I've got myself some Chico County Kind to smoke.

TLC said...

Someone isn't in the in corwd over at metsgeek, Jusk like Me. Call me buddy!!

Anonymous said...

Just kidding about the 3d friends and for using Ramons name in vain.
Obviously if I had more I wouldn't be here. Anyway sorry for messin' with ya, Go Colts and the over.

PS, Lister, the guy who keeps telling everyone to stay on topic and Vorn are chodes.

Anonymous said...

"PS, Lister, the guy who keeps telling everyone to stay on topic and Vorn are chodes."

:(

you hurt my feelings.

double :(

Anonymous said...

Dep, you should be a detective instead of a deputy.

Ed in Westchester said...

so ramon/your friend from metsblog/mooseknuckler, are you really who Dep said you were on metsgeek. Cause if so, well played.

Anonymous said...

Ed, you are much more popular at the new address.

They shouldnt suspend Kobe bc if he has more time on his hands he might rape somebody else. Ouch! I couldn't resist.

Ed, hey tomorrow you should see a pic on our blog of you and your likeness. You are all pimped out. And since I don't know what you look like, I guessed on a lot of the features. Check it out!

Nice blog.

Anonymous said...

qDidn't mean to include Lister as a chode. Grammer deal. Also learned a new word. GRUNDLE. What a day!
Ed, thanks for letting me have a little fun on da site.
Also, I'm not sure who Dep thinks I am, but I'm not him. See ya Eddie.

Ed in Westchester said...

mooseknuckle - I'm glad you got enjoyment out of insulting the people over at Metsgeek. Personally, it bothers me that you chose my site to do so.

The community over there is diehard Mets. Things may get silly from time to time, but in the end, we all want the same thing, for our Mets to be successful.

For you to come over here and make disparaging remarks shows a lack of class, and a lack of guts. If you have a problem with what goes on over there, why don't you post there? Why bring my site into the mix? Is it because you don't want to be banned, or perhaps you already were?

I may not agree with everyone over there, but I try to be respectful of other people's opinions. I suggest you do the same.

I am not going to ban you from here, but I will ask that you keep your comments pertinent. If not, I will remove them. This is my site, and free speech only goes as far as I want it to. I will not allow someone to use my site as a forum to bash people on other sites. That is not the function of this place.

Anonymous said...

Ed,
What lack of class, and what disparaging remarks. The only thing that I said remotely mean was about the 3d friends and that was just as sarcastic to me, as I am on your site as much as you, and I basicly gave a rundown of the last 3 months of posts. So quit acting like your so shocked and thin skinned. I have read all the things on the sites and you guys rip on each other if you disagree about what inning a balk was called three years ago. So to say you're upset means you are blowing things out of proportions. I called Vorn and the guy who was telling everyone, especially Lister to stay on topic. Sorry if that turned the metsgeek world on it's ear.
And for the record I was the 2nd Ramon, I wrote the synopsis that a couple of you thought was funny. I changed back to mooseknuckle when you started confusing me with that turkey in Germany or Spain or wherever he is.
The truth is I really didn't attack anyone but Vorn, so to all the vorn fans out there, I'm sorry he's a chode.
And I'm not afraid to get banned from the site. I already am. For getting in an arguement with said chode.
So to make a long story even longer I commented on your site in the first place because you mentioned how you where updating it so I went and checked it out, and saw Ramons forst comment. Then the rest is blah blah blah.

Sorry if I unbalanced the meetgeek world or offended your delicate sensiblities. It's not like I was talking about getting someones sack gnawed off in OZ.

Ed in Westchester said...

mooseknuckle - ah, so we get to the root of the issue. You got banned from there, and decided to bitch about people from that site and what is posted here. You have a problem with vorn, too bad. You don't like ramon, too bad. You got banned, too bad. I don't want that shit over here.

My point is, I don't want someone with an axe to grind with someone else over there coming HERE to make a point. This is not the forum for that type of crap.

I tried to give the benefit of the doubt to you yesterday, I thought maybe you were one of the regulars over there just having a little fun and making jokes, but it appears that in reality you were being a jerk because you got banned for not being able to follow simple rules.

Anonymous said...

Ed, I wasn't being a jerk. I called a guy a chode. And I used your site as a vehicle, sorry. Won't happen again. But I didn't act like a jerk. I made attempsts to be funny. I think the line about Pedro's kid being on the DL in 2012 is gold Ed, Gold. I'm not trying to get anybody in trouble, so I'm not Udamm. I called Vorn a douch about 2 weeks ago at about 2 or 3 in the morning and since I've had my comments under moderation and thats that. Hell it was so late and I was alot high, it could have been anyone I was arguing with but I think it was Vorn. Anyway.
My comments yesterday did not single anyone out (except the v-man) so please don't take offense. It was supposed to be funny. I guess misson half accomplished. I'm done. sorry.