Tuesday, October 03, 2006

That's all I can stands, I can't stands no more...

This is starting to get silly.

Now El Duque is down. Apparently, he pulled his calf. Willie tried to put a good face on it, saying it might be a cramp, but Duque told Newsday he pulled it while running.

Note to Omar - get a new training staff. Way too many leg injuries this year. These guys are not stretching well. Pedro, Duque, Beltran, Bannister all had leg issues.

So where does that leave the Mets? Trax is apparently still attending to family business, so he is not an option for game 1. Glavine hates short rest, so he is not an option. John Maine, come on down!

Considering Pedro as the example, I would not look for Duque in the first round, if at all. So that leaves the question, who is the other starter. Glavine and Trax and Maine and pray for Rain? Is it Oliver Perez? Is it Brian Bannister? We know it will not be Lima Time! At least we have that going for us.

Memo to Trax. Steve, I don't know what is going on with your personal business, but I hope you take care of it fast and get back to NY in the right frame of mind to pitch. Your team and its fans need you.

To quote a great Pixar movie:
It is my considered opinion that now is the time to PANIC!!!!
(monsters inc., remember, I have young kids)

Pedro I sort of expected in the back of my mind that he would not make it.
Duque worries me because this is now 2 starters out. And he was a vital cog.
What did we do to piss off the baseball gods so much?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm blaming Paul Hackett.

Ed in Westchester said...

Mike - ah, yes, that's the answer!