Sunday, July 09, 2006

Timing is Everything

I did not get to see a lot of todays game. The reason is my oldest daughter turned 6 today, so we had people over and errands to run. I did listen to a little of the game on the radio in the car, and heard Chad Bradford allow an inherited runner to score. I was upset, but it was bound to happen. He had only allow 3 of 31 inherited runners to score before today. This was bad timing.

Later, I had the cahnce to turn on the game on TV for an update. I turned it on in the bottom of the 8th, two runners on, and David "The Prince" Wright at the plate. I saw one pitch, which David promptly deposited into the picnic bleachers for a 7-5 lead. Man, I have good timing.

As I mentioned earlier, my oldest daughter turned 6 today. She was born on 7/9/00. As all Met fans know, 7/8/00 was the night Roger Clemens went all roid rage on Mike Piazza, and hit him in the head. The wife and I were watching the game. Within a half an hour, her water broke, and the next moring, our first daughter was born. Timing, as the headline reads, is everything.

Alas, I did not get to see Mike Pelfrey's first start live, the wife and I had a night out. I did DVR it, and plan to watch and opine in the next few days. The All Star Break is a good time. Based on what I read, it appears he did OK for a first time out.

For the Islander fans who are interested, Monday or Tuesday will have a posting on what Neil Smith has done so far. I am NOT very happy about Tom Poti.

Note to David Wright, ask Jose Lima to be your HR Derby pitcher. He needs the work.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great line about Lima, I wish I would have thought of that first.

Anonymous said...

Have fun with that Poti guy he will always disappoint you. Glad the Blueshirts got rid of that mess.

Ed in Westchester said...

udamn - Neil has me crazed with that right now. I will have plenty to say on this and more Isles tomorrow, should you care.

As for the Rangers, enjoy Shanny. Lots of $ there. I know he scored 40, but he is 37. Seems like the bad old days, signing older guys.

Anonymous said...

While bored I will respond. I like of what Neil has done besides the Poti move, Tom is so frustrating to watch because you see his talent in flashes.

On my Blueshirts. I like the Shanny move because it is only for one year and 4 mill. He produced last year and it was basically him over Sykora who did not score much last year.

If you are good natured I can enjoy many hockey debates over the season.