Friday, June 08, 2007

Cancel the F'in Show

I try. Real hard. I try not to be a fan who panics. I am an optimist at heart after all. I've lived through good (86, 88, 00) and bad (take your pick). This team is good. Good players all over the roster. Good manager, good GM. I should be happy. I get pissed when fans bash certain players (Beltran, Wright, Delgado) and hate booing of Met players. But I can't stand it no more. "The Show" needs to fucking go.

Look, all teams have their weak point, 1986 had Doug Sisk. The Show was signed to be more than a LOOGY, otherwise, why 3 years for sick money? I supported him this year. I have done it hear, at F.U., at Metsgeek. But I am done. If he is hurt,. why the hell is he pitching? Have we not learned from 2005 with Looper? How many games did that idiot cost us pitching with a messed up shoulder? Now we have The Show, who has stated "it feels like I am pitching on ice". Really? Then guess what motherfucker, go on the DL. You are NOT helping the team right now if your damn leg feels like it is going to fall off.

I am putting this on Willie and Omar. Put Scott on the DL right fucking now. I don't want to see #60 on the mound until his leg is either healed, or the Mets have a 15 game lead in the NL East. Anytime before then, don't wanna see him. He can't get out righties. He can't get out lefties. Willie, what the hell were you doing putting him in to face switch hitters, who would go up batting righty? WTF? The fans are turning on him, he is becoming Doug Sisk before our very eyes.

Now, Billy of course shares some blame for last night, since he gave up the HR to Patt (I SUCK) Burrell (he is hurting my fantasy team this year.) But the Show lost the damn game. Joe Smith may have allowed a couple of inherited guys to score, but this is on Show. On a night the Mets go back to back to back, and get a great outing from Maine, the pen coughs it up.

This shit needs to stop. I want a goddamn team meeting and some ass chewed out. The situational hitting has been for shit. The pen has been for shit. As I wrote yesterday, June is a tough month, it is time for this team to assert itself. Losing like this is not the way to do so.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Hey, I called it in my season preview.

Just sayin'.

Anonymous said...

Ed, you are a fucking genius.

BTW, this is debmc from FU. Thanks for your "plug" in your piece.

I was just saying elsewhere that I want Sc Sc a/k/a "The Show" a/k/a "Sucky Scott" traded as throw in on an Aaron Heilman deal to any major leage, Japanese league, minor league, or little league team that can give us some REAL talent in return.

Hell, I'm so anxious to dump these two, I'm even willing to wait for a little league prospect which we might receive in return to develop over, say, the next ten to fifteen years or so...... lol.

But Show gotta Go! The Show's gotta go on, right? LOL