Tuesday, September 18, 2007

WTF?????????????????????????????

Seriously, WTF?

What has happened to the Mets team that we saw just one week ago?

Errors left and right. Guys shying away from throws (I'm talking to you Jose Jose Jose). Pitchers pitching who have no damn business starting games in a pennant race (I'm talking to you Brian Lawrence). Relievers pitching who just flat out suck (too many names to list here).

It's one thing to get beaten by a good team. It is another thing entirely to make the types of errors, both physical and mental that we have seen over the past 4 games.

Friday night Jamie Moyer (!) holds the team to 4 hits in 8 innings. Glavine pitched well, save for one mistake. Then, Aaron Heilman throws the ball to 2nd on a bunt, and Reyes makes a poor stab at catching it (the blame goes to both guys here). Again, bunts by the Phillies hurt the Mets (think back to Billy's meltdown at CBP last month). Saturday the pen coughs up the game. Sunday was a team effort of suckitude. But it was the Phillies, who at least have a lot of talent. What was the excuse for last night?

The Nationals hang a 12 spot against the Mets. The Nationals, who didn't have a 300 hitter in the lineup, who are LAST in the MAJORS in HR's and runs scored. I was in the car driving to the gym when Brian Lawrence showed why he sucks, coughing up a 4 run lead in the space of 6 batters. Then, Aaron Sele and Scot Schoeneweis continue to suck. Tell me something, why the hell is Philip Humber here? Why is it that pretty much every other team in a playoff hunt is willing to use a high ceiling rookie over a POS Veteran as a starter, but we get Lawrence over Humber? If they are worried about his arm, then shut him down, don't even have him here. All you are doing is adding to his service time clock. Other teams use rookies out of the pen to success, yet Willie says he doesn't want to throw Humber into that role. Fine. Then START HIM.

I'm a Big Willie guy. Liked the hiring. Like the level headedness. But the time for niceties is OVER. Some of these guys are not playing to their potential. Reyes looks lost. PLD stinks. Beltran has had a bad stretch, which must mean he is only at 85.478329%. Alou and Wright are the only two guys playing consistently good ball (yes, I know DW made an error last night.)

Willie needs to blow some steam. If not him, then someone else, like Wright. He has been talking about wanting to be more of a leader, then do it. Call the guys out. Enough of this BS.

Time to win some games and finish this damn thing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ed
Well said. What's with these guys?
And who the hell are they? It's bad enough I root for the Giants....can't either of my teams play defense? Obviously not!
The Giants are doomed to suckitude this season, but I honestly believe the Mets can turn this around. But they need to do it NOW! Not tomorrow, not Thursday......NOW!
Man up guys and get it done!
sheadenizen

Coop said...

Hey Ed, I hate Willie. I will shout it from the rooftops if I have to. Case and point - he is acting like it's "no big deal" if they don't win. HELLO! They've been in first the whole damn season. If they can't seal the deal, why do we even care?

Anonymous said...

Because we're fans coop. Because we're fans....
sheadenizen

Anonymous said...

Yeah SD, no kidding!

If I had known when I was 7 y/o what I was getting myself into, I might have just gotten into ballet like my mom wanted me to, LOL

Mike said...

Oh. My. God.

Last night's loss was the worst thing I've ever seen.